Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Passion for Tea


I have lately been rather addicted to Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Tea. I'm not sure exactly why, so I thought that perhaps I would do a little research to find out the significance of the cinnamon and the apple. In googling about the "magickal uses of apples", I find that apples can aid in the journey to the realm of Faerie. That might explain my intense need to learn more about the Fae lately! (BTW, have you checked out Froud's Faerie Oracle?--intense!) Another website says that in Celtic mythology the apple was a part of the Silver Bough, the tool used to aid entrance to the Underworld. I am also reminded that in early Christian myth, Adam and Eve partook of a fruit that was forbidden them, many believe this to be an apple. It was forbidden because it was the fruit of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. (The World Tree? Interesting how all the myths and legends sort of bleed into one when you really get into it!) So, anyhow, perhaps I'm more aware of my connection to the Otherworld/Underworld. Or maybe, I'm being summoned to seek out more of this area.

Next, I google "cinnamon". One website is telling me that cinnamon can raise my psychic awareness and that it increases concentration and skill in divination. Okay, that's cool. Another site says its great for healing and draws money. Nice. But, I think for now, I'll stick with the divination thing, because that seems to stick out for me right now. I've been doing a lot of work with divination, trying to upgrade my skills through self-study and using various forms and "mediums" as it were.

The two ideas blending together seem to point me in one direction. I have also lately been rather studiously trying to find out more about the land of Faerie and using various and sundry forms of related divination methods, including meditative journeying. I know it sounds a bit naive, but, hey, I'm still learning. I think it's great that everything seems to be relating to everything else in my life. I once would have called it coincidence, but I stopped believing in that a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Froud deck!

    We're at mid-winter here in the southern hemisphere so the cold makes it a bit difficult for the fairies to fly right now but we're all looking forward to the approach of spring - it's almost here, you know ☺

    ReplyDelete